Tuesday 13 June 2017

NEW Embossing Paste... and At Home With You...

And so to the last but one of my At Home With You projects... 

I was itching to get the new Embossing Paste into action for some bricks! And to see what the Boxwood Wreath embellishments would add to a project... so it had to be a christmas card...
Kept it simple... as the bricks and the wreath had to take centre stage...

Well the Boxwood Wreaths make dressing your door child's play... I just added a Linen Thread bow and hanger to add rustic charm...
Boxwood Wreaths Embellishments
And I have to say!! I wasn't disappointed... The Embossing Paste is such fun... felt like a bricklayer for half an hour! But I bet they wish bricklaying was as quick!!
So you have a trio of products that make up the whole... which tot up to just £17.25 all in... 

Embossing Paste
Palette Knives
and the Pattern Party Decorative Masks to push it through... Bricks, Clouds, Mandala/Medallion and Diamond shapes! Lots of play factor... 
Pattern Party Decorative Masks
I of course just used the biggest pallete knife... slopped it on... smoothed it down into the holes... this way and that... scraped it off flat... added a bit of paste if I had missed a bit... and repeated the process until I was happy... 

Then left my pasted piece of card to the side to dry.... (which actually ended up as 3 days due to the flu! Though I think an hour or two would do it normally....)

And then it was all ready to add to the front of my card... and wow... it really adds texture and interest! But so simple.... and such fun...

I then went onto play with adding ink to the paste... sponging ink through the template after the paste bricks were dry... and a few other things... but they are for another day! But all worked well... so go on ... just have a play!
And gosh a distant memory has just come flooding back..... we used to make paper bricks!! Soggy newspaper into a metal contraption and apply pressure.... and you ended up with a paper brick to throw onto the fire (once dry!)  Wonder where that contraption has "got filed!" 

No comments: